I have to say that the Artist Showcase is becoming one of my favorite weekly posts. The models I am getting are truly inspiring, and makes me wish that there were more local paint and modelling competitions in the area. (We both are in different parts of Oregon). As it is they are rare here, and when I have seen them, they are not anywhere near what I have seen in these showcases. Jesse would definitely win the few I have seen locally.

This hobby is about many things, but one of the few things it is not often called is art. By any terms of work, or artistic creativity, there are many Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy models found throughout the world that are pure artwork at its finest. From painting, sculpting, and to customization, this hobby produces some of the best, and this is their showcase.



Hi, My name's Jesse (Muninn in the comments) from Oregon. I've been painting minis for 15 years now, but I've recently branched out into painting for others. I've also just started a blog to open myself even more to commissions, showcase some of my work, and the techniques I employ. I wouldn't put my quality anywhere close to a Golden Daemon painter, but I have good attention to detail, a clean style, and I enjoy exploring new colors & techniques.

I like to paint all varieties of minis, and recently I set out (& succeeded) in painting a miniature a day in the month of May. Aside from commissions and the rare local competition, I have an ever expanding daemon army (loving the attention the Daemons are getting this month), a small force of Fire Angels space marines, and a long line of roleplaying minis to keep me sharp. My blog iswww.ravenminis.blogspot.com. Thanks for your showcases, & I look forward to more updates.

Jesse 









 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...