Blog Wars has settled on a date. It will be held at Maelstrom on Saturday December 1st 2012. In Blog Wars this year, they are working hard at using as much of the 6th edition rules as possible, so I said I would help them advertise it. Look forward very soon to a True 6th Edition Tournament list that will get a page of its own.


via From the Fang http://fromthefang.blogspot.com/
Blog Wars was started as a 40k blogger community event with a slight comp in the form of a compulsory special character.

I've tried to include as much 6th as possible including flyers, forts, mysterious terrain/objectives and allies. The only thing I haven't put in is alternating terrain placement as I feel this would add on too much time. It might be something to try in future events though.

Being an 1850pt tournament double FOC doesn't apply.

From the site

As I've mentioned BW4 will attemped to embrace 6th edition as much as possible. Allies, Fortifications and Flyers are all in. Whilst I may live to regret these decisions I think it's best to give them a go and then figure out any problems so that BW5 & 6 will be better. For more information on Blog Wars 4 please head over to the dedicated page here. A copy of that information can be found here whilst descriptions of the scenarios are here.

For those of you not familiar with Blog Wars it's a 3 game tournament for £15 with the only restriction being that your army MUST include a special character. The first 3 tournaments were great fun and I think I managed to achieve a friendly atmosphere with a fairly competitive tournament. If nothing else it's a great opportunity for experienced players to try out lists they wouldn't normally take and for tournament newcomers to pop their cherry in a friendly environment!

Tickets are on sale now and are staying at £15 despite increasing costs. Please use the link on the right to buy tickets and if you want multiples either faff with several transactions or email me and we can make it simpler!

I look forward to seeing you all there and I hope some of the people who couldn't make the old date can now attend!
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...