Well, Ive gone through many different ideas on equipping my archon. Back in 3rd my archon was often left drugged out lying prone on the battlefield from an Overdose of combat drugs. Nowadays the Dark Eldar Drug Rehab Centers have closed down. (I am sure the Wych nurses are pissed about losing their jobs). My archon is also turning in his reaver. He is mildly sad. So we have lost some of that combat flexibility with different doses of drugs being able to be used on the fly. Instead however, we have new dangerous toys, which my thrill seeking Archon is picking up.

We have a new weapon, and it is in a unique position, wargear. If you can handle the risk, your new thrill seeking archon can still take some drugs with him, however it is the new Djin Blade that I am interested in. With a shadowfield on, I am only a little concerned about him killing himself. Playing a dangerous Archon I am going to take it. This allows you to get +2 Attacks that are rolled separately after your regular attacks are made. If doubles are rolled, you hit yourself. These are power attacks.

So I plan on taking the following. Keeping my close combat weapon, taking a Blaster, and taking as wargear my Djin Blade. See what I did, gave myself a BS7 Blaster. Then when it is necessary, my archon goes ballistic in close combat. He will get +1 for a extra close combat weapon and +2 for his Djin Blade. This gives him 8 attacks on the charge, and if drugs hit, he will get 9. All power weapon attacks.

Archon with Blaster, close combat weapon, Djin Blade, Combat Drugs, Soul Trap, and Shadowfield.
145pts.
 
Top
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...